1. Personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
2. Data Controller
Word of Life Ministries UK Ltd. is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Word of Life Ministries UK Ltd. complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes: –
- to administer membership records;
- to maintain our financial accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid);
- to provide news and information about events and activities;
- to manage employees and volunteers;
- to safeguard the well-being of children, young people and adults while under the care of Word of Life Ministries UK Ltd.;
- to enable Word of Life Ministries UK Ltd. to provide voluntary services for the benefit of the public in the UK;
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your gift aid donations and keep you informed about events.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement; or
- Explicit consent of the data subject has been given.
5. Sharing personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with others where there is a need to do so for purposes connected with the activities of Word of Life Ministries UK Ltd.. We will only share your data with third parties outside of Word of Life Ministries UK Ltd. with your consent.
6. How long do we keep data?
We retain data on the following basis:
|Record Type||Retention Period|
|Personal data gathered on annual Information and Consent Forms||Disposed of after the period to which they relate, unless anything has occurred (eg an accident) which indicates that records should be retained for a longer period.|
|Records of attendance of children/young people and helpers||Indefinitely for safeguarding purposes|
|Photographs and videos of events||24 months after the event – selected items retained for historical records|
|Safeguarding matters||Indefinitely or until advised otherwise by authorities|
|Accident Books||Date of Incident plus 20 years. Or 20 years beyond date a child becomes and adult|
|Complaints (non -safeguarding)||3 years after resolution of complaint (unless further action is anticipated)|
|Minutes of Trustee Meetings||Indefinitely|
|Employee Records||6 years after the date of termination of employment|
|Pension Records (money purchase)||6 years after transfer or value taken|
|Annual Audited Accounts||Indefinitely|
|Cash Books, Account records,||Current Year, plus 6 years|
|Gift Aid Declarations||6 Years after giving ends|
|Music Copyright License||Current Year plus 6 years|
|DBS or PVG check||6 months beyond date of check being carried out|
|Certificate of incorporation||Indefinitely|
|Memorandum of Association||Indefinitely|
|Articles of Association||Indefinitely|
|PAYE records||6 Years|
|Bank Statements and reconciliations||Current Year plus 6 years.|
|Building Deeds||Retain until sold|
|Job Applications and Interviews||6 months after the appointment|
|Contracts of Employment||6 years after employment ends|
|Annual Leave Records||2 years after leave taken|
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Word of Life Ministries UK Ltd. holds about you;
- The right to request that Word of Life Ministries UK Ltd. corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Word of Life Ministries UK Ltd. to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Office Manager of Word of Life Ministries UK Ltd. at:
Address: 57a Edinburgh Road, Musselburgh, East Lothian, EH21 6EE
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.